My laptop has gone bonkers. It has decided to conk off at a time when I probably needed it the most. A trip to the hospital proved worse for its health. I could previously just about work on it. The speaker was totally disfunctional but the headphones made sure I could listen to my Youtube videos and movies/sitcoms. But when my laptop came back from the service centre, all those elements of it which were barely trudging along previously threw up their hands and refused to function. As a result, I was stuck in technological wilderness. And that state kind of continues till date.
So let me not waste time/words from the office desktop and jump straight into the recipe. It’s quite fuss free and no-nonsense.You just need chicken, a few veggies and really good quality balsamic vinegar and there’s no stopping you.
Boneless Chicken, cut into strips or bite-sized pieces: 500 gm
Onion, sliced: 1
Green bell pepper, sliced longitudinally: 1 medium
Yellow/Red bell pepper, sliced longitudinally: 1 medium
Balsamic Vinegar: 2 tbsp
Garlic, minced: 1 tsp
Red chillies, chopped finely: 1
Olive oil: 2 tsp + 1 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
White wine vinegar: 2 tsp
Soy sauce: 2 tsp
Cornflour: 1 tsp
Garlic, minced: 1 tsp
1. Marinade the chicken with the ingredients listed under marination and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. I kept it overnight.
2. In a non stick pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and the chicken along with the marination juice. Stir fry on high heat for 5-7 minutes till they turn golden and semi-crisp on the outside.Set aside once cooked.
3. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil and the onions. Stir for 2-3 minutes until the onions wilt a bit. Now add the garlic and bell peppers and the chopped red chilli. Fry on medium high heat for 8-10 minutes till everything is caramelised and slightly charred. You can add a 1 tsp of sugar in between the frying process if you want.
4. Now add the chicken pieces to the pan, add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and stir on medium high heat till the protein, veggies and sauce is well blended. Avoid using water if you can.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes covered and another 2 minutes uncovered. Turn off heat
6. Serve as a starter or with steamed rice.
If you like what you see here, don’t forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the “Like” button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. 🙂