Hi, I’m Pritha Chakrabarty, the cook, writer, photographer and recipe developer behind this blog. And as un-glamorous as it may sound, also the cleaner, prop washer and trash disposer after cooking and shooting are wrapped up!
Well, the fact that I’m passionate about food is a no-brainer. Why else would I be even blogging about food? Food is what makes my world go round. It’s not just a hobby and it’s beyond a passion. I wouldn’t even try to belittle my relationship with food by giving an adjective or name to it. I love anything to do with food. Eating it, cooking it, experimenting with it, sharing it, photographing it, talking about it and thinking about it when I’m doing none of the above. From 2014 this blog has become my official platform to write about it.
A few random facts in case you want to know me better!
- I was born and bred in Calcutta, India. In between I called New Delhi and Bangalore home for sometime. As of now, I find myself in Seattle, Washington, and am constantly enamoured by its lush green bounty and incredible food scene.
- I was a journalist in my past life. My day started at 4 pm and ended at 2 am. For 7 years at a stretch I went to sleep at daybreak and woke up at midday. I’m desperately trying to change that habit now. It’s not easy, but I’m gradually getting there.
- I can’t imagine a life without copious amounts of travel thrown in. I maintain excel sheets with detailed itineraries of trips I don’t even know when I’ll take. And yes, I prefer the old fashioned way of going out on 2-week vacations than quick weekend getaways.
- I love to walk. I really, really, really do. Whenever the sun is out (which is indeed a rarity in Seattle), you’ll find me on a walking trail, a park, or even ambling around on random streets. I love to discover new places on foot.
- My favourite part of food blogging is grocery shopping and prop shopping. I often get lost in the aisles of supermarkets and feel like a kid in a candy store in fresh farmers’ markets. It helps that the world famous Pike Place Market is just a stone’s throw away from the Downtown UW campus, where I’m currently taking a 1-year course.
- I’m petrified of dogs. Yeah, I know it’s not a thing to be proud of. I love them in books and movies, but in real life they scare me too much.
Everything published in the blog has been cooked and photographed by me, unless otherwise mentioned. Some recipes are inspired while the others are completely original. In case you’re using any of these recipes, do give a link back to my page. If you want to use any photo, please drop a mail first. You can reach me at email@example.com. I’d love you to try out the stuff I cook. In case you have any query about any recipe feel free to drop a comment or mail me. Till then, bon appetit! 🙂